Thanks to Yorick Bos, the timed event database now has new 200 meter, 500 meter/Kilo, and pursuit times from the Netherlands national championships and a recent international competition at Alkmaar.
January 27, 2007
January 26, 2007
I had just moved the site and upgraded Wordpress (the software this site is built on) when they announced a new version - 2.1.
After about 30 minutes of work and maybe 15 seconds of downtime, the site is back up. Thanks to Wordpress for a great free product!
January 24, 2007
JuniorVelo has moved to a new web host. If you see this article, the change has gone into effect and you are seeing the new site.
If you notice a significant change in performance (good or bad) I’d be interested to hear.
After about a year hosted in my home, and a couple of good years with GoDaddy, it was time to move on. I could not view the site from home, and (oddly) the rest of you had mixed results. All I really know is that in 3 calls to GoDaddy support I got three different answers.
1) You must be using too many resources, affecting server response time. Buy a more expensive account.
2) I can reproduce the problem from our outside-the-network machines, but not internally. It must be our problem. I’ll nail it down and get back to you. (Never happened.)
3) Nothing is wrong, it must be your ISP.
The new host is www.bluehost.com. So far things work fine, and their site development tools are easier to use.
You may notice some changes to the site:
- The latest Wordpress version is now in use.
- Some features which depended on my hacks to Wordpress will be disabled until I recreate them. Some may never return if I can’t find a way to make future upgrades less painful.
- Your comments will usually appear instantly and without using one of those “type what you see” tricks. If the new approach starts letting spam in, I’ll change back to the old approach.
January 22, 2007
I claimed that there were a lot of young riders. Here are the facts.
One is still a junior, and 49 have “graduated” from the junior ranks in the last two years, according to their UCI code numbers. All of those with links appeared in the Junior Velo database while still juniors.
- Renata Dabrowska, Poland
- Kaarle McCulloch, Australia
- Tess Downing, Australia
- Hayden Josefski, Australia
- Cameron Meyer, Australia
- Scott Sunderland, Australia
- Daniel Ellis, Australia
- Sandie Clair, France
- Alexandre Lemair, France
- Johnathan Bellis, Great Britain
- Steven Burke, Great Britain
- Russell Hampton, Great Britain
- Jason Kenny, Great Britain
- Vasileios Reppas, Greece
- Ho Ting Kwok, Hong Kong
- Azizulhasni Da Md, Malaysia
- Jessica Jurado, Mexico
- Pim Ligthart, Netherlands
- Westley Gough, New Zealand
- Shem Rodger, New Zealand
- Jesse Sergent, New Zealand
- Michal Nawrocki, Poland
- Eduardo Colon Ortiz, Puerto Rico
- Roman Maximov, Russia
- Hodei Mazquiaran Uria, Spain
- Lisandra Guerra, Cuba
- Martin Lollesgaard, Denmark
- Kévin Sireau, France
- Elodie Henriette, France
- Patrick Gretsch, Germany
- Marcel Kalz, Germany
- Ross Sander, Great Britain
- Ben Swift, Great Britain
- Andrew Tennant, Great Britain
- Ian Stannard, Great Britain
- Maria Tzoumanika, Greece
- Konstantinos Iordanidis, Greece
- Daniel Oss, Italy
- Md. Edrus Md. Yunos, Malaysia
- Ismaël Kip, Netherlands
- Sam Bewley, New Zealand
- Darren Peter Shea, New Zealand
- Maciej Bielecki, Poland
- Hubert Tulacz, Poland
- Andrey Klyuev, Russia
- Haseem McLean, Trinidad & Tobago
- Vitaliy Shchedov, Ukraine
- Oleksandr Polivoda, Ukraine
- Ben Barczewski, United States
- Austin Carroll, United States
I happened to visit FixedGearFever today looking for some names, and noticed the results of their recent contest. What do you know? It’s a junior track cyclist. What a coincidence that I just spent some time with her father in Los Angeles.
Congratulations to Hannah on her new Zipp 808’s, and hello to the rest of the family.